Graduate IT Analyst, IT
Graduate IT Analyst, ITRole requirements
This programme consists of rotational placements and therefore you must be willing to relocate as and when the programme requires.
Qualifications: You must have, or be predicted to gain, a 2:2 degree classification or above in Computing, Business, Law or a STEMdiscipline.About the role
Innovative, reliable and secure, our technology empowers National Grid in a fast-changing energy industry. The Services IT provide are wide-ranging – which means you could work in:
- Infrastructure & Operations – build and maintain live systems, resolve problems and system failures, manage the service desk which supports employees
- Business Partnering – work with our customers in the business to understand their system requirements & identify opportunities for IT solutions to drive business value, own the technology strategy
- Commercial and Vendor Management – maintain beneficial relationships with our vendors to derive maximum value-for-money by optimising and negotiating the vendor mix, performance, cost and quality
- Data – responsible for governance and utilisation of information as an asset to generate business value and deliver actionable insights
You could be working in a variety of roles including:
- Project Management – working on projects to deliver technology or applications with both our business customers and internal IT teams
- Business Analysis – understanding business processes and the systems that our customers use
- Working with our customers across National Grid to really understand their business and how technology can improve the way they work
- Working on initiatives that help us collaborate better, work smarter, be more digital or implement new company-wide application changes
- Sharing leading practice on how to make best use of our applications and technologies across our global business
- Supporting the design, planning, build and management of all underlying IT infrastructure platforms (including hardware, applications, data storage and networks)
The role that technology plays is wide reaching and touches every working person, every day. Technology is changing faster than ever before and our organisation needs to constantly adapt and evolve to meet these new challenges. Join IT and help us create new ways of working and exploit technology opportunities as they arise, for the benefit of all of us. You could have the opportunity to work with people across National Grid’s businesses and our partner third party suppliers, whether through starting projects and visioning the end-product, resolving technology issues for customers or finding better ways to use technology for the benefit of our employees and customers.What you'll get
You will receive a starting salary of £28,105 (or £29,127 if you hold a Masters) and a £2000 joining bonus. You will also have access to a number of additional benefits such as 25 days’ holiday, a generous completion payment, an accommodation allowance as you move around the business, a competitive pension scheme and a number of flexible benefits to name just a few.Who we are
At National Grid, we don’t just ask our people to deliver to the highest standards. We also support them to be the best they can be. We welcome and encourage applicants with diverse experiences and backgrounds. National Grid’s ambition is to drive, develop and operate our business in a way that results in a more inclusive culture. We are committed to building a workforce which represents the communities we serve and a working environment in which each individual feels respected, fairly treated, valued and able to reach their full potential.Role location
The closing date for this vacancy is Sunday 15th December, however we encourage candidates to submit their application as early as possible and not to wait until the published closing date. National Grid's recruitment periods can and may vary. We reserve the right to remove this advert or close it to further applications at any point during the recruitment process.Further information
If you consider yourself to have a disability, long term health condition and/or require any reasonable adjustments to complete any part of our application process, please make us aware as soon as possible so we can make the relevant adjustments.
Please also contact us if you require this, or any other document in an alternative format such as large print, braille, audio or easy read.