Graduate Asset Integrity Engineer, National Grid Ventures
Graduate Asset Integrity Engineer, National Grid VenturesRole requirements
This programme consists of rotational placements and therefore you must be willing to relocate as and when the programme requires.
Qualifications: You must have, or be predicted to gain, a 2:2 degree classification or above in an engineering discipline.
To apply for this role, you must hold a full UK driving license.About the role
To provide engineering support to the National Grid Metering Asset and Integrity Management team ensuring the operation of National Grid Metering assets remains safe, compliant and fit for purpose for our customers.What you'll do
- Provide support to asset integrity engineers on:
- Technical prjects – Input into technical proposals, assist and project manage bespoke technical projects, engage with external stakeholders to deliver projects on time and within budget
- Management f Change process – assist in the completion MoC’s, undertake site surveys to inform creation and amendment of drawings,
- Regulatin Compliance – assist in the auditing of Service Partners for PSSR and DSEAR processes, ensuring maintenance schedule and delivery is in line with legal requirements for NGM assets
- Develop and lead on innovative projects for National Grid Metering including the design of new equipment, new procedures and processes
- Support continued development of the Asset and Integrity Management team’s existing knowledge base
- Support development of short and long term risk mitigation strategy for NGM assets
- Identify opportunities through continuous improvement
- Support day to day activities of the team such as Service Partner onboarding training and asset testing when required
You will receive a starting salary of £28,105 (or £29,127 if you hold a Masters) and a £2000 joining bonus. You will also have access to a number of additional benefits such as 25 days’ holiday, a generous completion payment, an accommodation allowance as you move around the business, a competitive pension scheme and a number of flexible benefits to name just a few.Who we are
At National Grid, we don’t just ask our people to deliver to the highest standards. We also support them to be the best they can be. We welcome and encourage applicants with diverse experiences and backgrounds. National Grid’s ambition is to drive, develop and operate our business in a way that results in a more inclusive culture. We are committed to building a workforce which represents the communities we serve and a working environment in which each individual feels respected, fairly treated, valued and able to reach their full potential.Role location
The closing date for this vacancy is Sunday 15thDecember, however we encourage candidates to submit their application as early as possible and not to wait until the published closing date. National Grid's recruitment periods canand may vary. We reserve the right to remove this advert or close it to further applications at any point during the recruitment process.Further information
If you consider yourself to have a disability, long term health condition and/or require any reasonable adjustments to complete any part of our application process, please make us aware as soon as possible so we can make the relevant adjustments.
Please also contact us if you require this, or any other document in an alternative format such as large print, braille, audio or easy read.