Gas Engineering Advanced Apprentice (Mechanical), Kings Lynn
Gas Engineering Advanced Apprentice (Mechanical), Kings LynnAbout you and the role
The UK is on a journey to reach net-zero greenhouse gas emissions by 2050. Decarbonising the energy sector is vital to enable the country to make this transformational change. Here in Gas Transmission, we are at the very heart of enabling this transition, and to deliver on this ambition we need to build a Net Zero Energy Workforce
The Gas Transmission Gas Engineering Advanced Apprenticeship (Mechanical) Programme is a 4-year apprenticeship, in which you will complete a BTEC and HNC in Mechanical Engineering, whilst also working to a level 3 Maintenance and Operations Engineering apprenticeship qualification. During your time on programme you will be based at a local gas site, in which you will gain invaluable on-job experience to support you working towards your first post technician role. You will also spend time at National Grid’s high-class training centre in rural Nottinghamshire, gaining the knowledge needed to aid your on-job experience.What you'll need
To be considered for this role you'll need to have enthusiasm and a willingness to learn,be passionate about tackling climate change along with acurious, questioning mind. You'll also need:
- GCSE Maths, English Language and a Science GCSE at a 4/C and above PLUS one of the below
- 2 additional GCSE's at a 4/C and above
- BTEC equivalent in a STEM subject
- You must hold a valid full UK car driving licence, or be willing to learn to drive and agree to secure a valid full UK car driving licence within 12 months after joining the programme or as soon as possible after your 17th birthday.
- To live within a that 60 minutes travel commute of Kings Lynn Gas Terminal. More locations for this role are available and are listed below.
Please note, to be eligible for this role, you must have achieved your qualifications before applying.What you'll get
We're proud to offer a competitive salary of £18,326
This opportunity is available at Kings Lynn Gas Terminal but opportunities are also available at the following locations:
- Cambridgeshire (Peterborough/Huntingdon/Cambridge)
- Warrington, Cheshire
- Alrewas, Staffordshire
- Bacton, Norfolk
- Felindre, Swansea
- St Fergus, Aberdeenshire
- Aberdeen, Aberdeenshire
- Avonbirdge, Falkirk
This advert closes on Sunday 14th March 2021. National Grid’s recruitment periods can and may vary. We reserve the right to remove this advert or close it to further applications at any point during the recruitment process.
East Winch, GB, PE32 1HL