Trainee Power System Engineer Higher Apprentice, Electricity System Operator
Trainee Power System Engineer Higher Apprentice, Electricity System OperatorAbout you and the role
If you’re a technical ‘problem-solver’ looking to build a career in engineering, then this programme – which – includes a Foundation Degree – will help develop your skills through a mix of practical work and academic study.
This team is focused around the Electricity Control Centre in Wokingham, Berkshire. We’re responsible for operating Great Britain’s electricity transmission network and energy – planning and managing its live operation – we keep things running smoothly 24/7, 365 days a year.
On finishing the two-year Higher Apprentice Programme, you will take up a post that will lead to a role in National Grid, Electricity System Operations team.What you'll need
You will need to have a GCSE in English Language and Maths at Grade C/4 or above (or equivalent) with one of the following:
- 2 A levels A* - C (1 must be in either Maths or Physics)
- BTEC National Certificate or Diploma Level 3 in an Engineering discipline, Grade Merit or Distinction (the Maths modules should be at Merit or Distinction)
- ONC an Electrical discipline, Grade Merit or Distinction (Essential the Maths modules should be at Merit or Distinction)
- HNC/HND in Electrical, Electronic or Mechanical Engineering, Grade: Merit or Distinction
- Degree in Maths, Physics, Chemistry or Engineering discipline
To apply for this role, you must hold a valid full UK car driving licence or be willing to learn to drive and hold a full UK licence 3 months before the start date.What you'll get
We're proud to offer a starting salary of £24,533This opportunity will be based at Wokingham, BerkshireThe closing date will be 14th March 2021
Wokingham, GB, RG41 5BN