This could be the start of something powerful
Excellent salary: £16,500 Pro Rata
So much more than just an amazing starting salary, our Student Development Programme offers you a fantastic insight into a number of career paths within National Grid that are crucial to our future successes.
Whether you embark on a 12-month Industrial Placement or a 12-week Summer Internship, both offered during your penultimate year at University, you’ll experience an exhilarating journey that could set up the rest of your career.
This is an exceptional opportunity to see inside National Grid and help you decide if we’re the company for you. As well as providing the vital ‘hands-on’ experience and industry exposure you’ll thrive on, we’re also great place to work – which is why we made it into The Top 100 Undergraduate Employers 2016-17.
Best of all, if you have delivered excellent performance during your placements you will be offered an opportunity on our Graduate Development Programme at the start of your final year, leaving your free to concentrate on achieving that all important grade.
What more are you waiting for? Explore our placements to find out where you fit in.
What you can do here
12 month Industrial Placement
12 week Summer Internship
Unfortunately, applications for our 12 month Industrial Placement are now closed. Please check in on the site regularly for new opportunities
Benefits and Rewards
Join the programme and you can expect to enjoy:
- 25 days holiday (pro rata)
- Graduate Development Programme opportunities at National Grid
- Invitation to join NewNet, our new starters network and employee resource group
- Opportunity to work across the UK (must be willing to work away from home)
- 4 day development training
- Support and fund EngTech for desired institutions
- Buddy to support you during your placement
- Ongoing feedback and support