Commercial Operations Analyst - Grain LNG, Rochester Kent England
Grain LNG: National Grid’s world class facility, world class service.
Connected to the largest, most liquid & liberalised gas market in Europe. Offering unregulated services to customers that are highly resilient, flexible and dependable. We are the leading LNG importation terminal in the UK offering services to customers that are highly resilient, flexible and dependable. That’s why we’re looking for people with the creativity and originality to drive progress. People like you.
- Support the Commercial Operations team in ensuring the efficient operations of the Grain terminal, with a view to maximising revenue, reducing costs and maintaining a high level of customer service. Contribute to business development projects by performing analysis and by advising on contractual arrangements. Part of the Commercial Operations stand-by team, which provides out of hours assistance to Grain customers. Job holder is required to be available out of hours for one week, every three weeks, to perform routine tasks as required and resolve any customer issues
- Coordinate operational processes which impact on the Grain Shippers by working with Grain production and operational teams to ensure contractual obligations are met and costs appropriately managed
- Resolve issues which have commercial or contractual implications, providing excellent customer service at all times
- Monitor commercial regulatory developments as directed and provide monthly terminal reports to BEIS and other regulatory bodies as required
- Prepare detailed analysis on plant usage and customer behaviour to assist the Business Development team in formulating new services, optimising existing services and reducing costs
- Monitoring and reporting on the development of markets including information and data analysis, which helps drive business growth
- Support contract development activities by gathering requirements, liaising with stakeholders and working to propose new business rules and changes to legal agreements
- Manage the Grain reloading service, including making pricing recommendations and managing any contractual changes
- Responsible for preparing and managing the Grain Annual Unloading Programme
- Perform various tasks required for the preparation of Grain’s monthly invoices
- Responsible for monitoring the Commercial team’s performance and preparing regular KPI presentations
- Perform daily Commercial Operations processes as directed, including updating the Grain system
- Manage the annual review of the Grain systems, including testing and debugging
- Responsible for identifying, raising and managing commercial or contractual risks using established reporting processes
- Contribute to customer workshops, forums and communication packs
- Work with Business Development to develop new revenue generating products and strategies and perform analysis as requested
- Provide inputs into various reports as required
- Contribute towards projects aimed at improving the Grain Shipper experience
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to understand complex contractual arrangements
- Advanced analysis and numeracy skills
- Ability to understand the regulatory framework within which Grain operates
- Strong inter-personal skills and ability to build relationships with Grain customers, and Grain stakeholders, both internal and external, able to influence and negotiate positive outcomes
- Essential (at appointment): Educated to a high level or equivalent experience
- Desirable: Bachelor’s degree
At National Grid, we don’t just ask our people to deliver to the highest standards. We also support them to be the best they can be. Accredited training programmes and personal development courses are a part of life here. We value and encourage diversity of thought, whatever your background. By creating an inclusive, switched-on workforce, we drive performance and deliver excellence. Which is exactly what we need to achieve our vision of creating sustainable energy solutions, for today and tomorrow.
The closing date for this vacancy may change, therefore, we encourage candidates to submit their applications as early as possible and not to wait until the published closing date. National Grid’s recruitment periods can and may vary. We reserve the right to remove this advert or close it to further applications at any point during the recruitment process.