Customer Insight AnalystThe closing date for this vacancy is 2nd May. However, we encourage candidates to submit their applications as early as possible and not to wait until the published closing date. National Grid’s recruitment periods can and may vary. We reserve the right to remove this advert or close it to further applications at any point during the recruitment process.
National Grid’s energy network transports gas and electricity to homes and businesses all over the UK. It’s an essential part of all our lives. And it needs to be continuously advanced and enhanced to meet increasing demand whilst embracing new energy solutions. That’s why we’re looking for people with the creativity and originality to drive progress. People like you.
About the role
In Customer and Stakeholder, we are continuously looking to better understand our customers, their needs and improve the experience our customers have interacting with National Grid. You’ll be part of the team responsible for the design, development and implementation of research approaches to collect customer feedback in order to drive business decision making.
Within this role you will deliver the insight and analysis necessary to drive business decisions to enhance the customer experience.
• Design, develop and implement research approaches to the collection of customer feedback in order to drive business decision making
• Assemble and analyse appropriate data sets from across the business and, using these, to synthesise the key customer insights necessary to drive business decisions to both enhance customer experiences and improve NG commercial returns.
• Design and run an operational net promoter score (NPS) programme in order that we collect and synthesise customer feedback after key moments in our customers’ experiences with National Grid
• Lead on ensuring that insights developed are communicated to the business with sufficient effect to drive action. This to be achieved through imaginative use of engaging communication media, strong relationship building across the business and tenacity.
• Develop and deliver approaches to customer segmentation which aid development of our propositions and experience designs.
• Take ownership for developing National Grid’s understanding of the cost implications of customer behaviours in order to facilitate the creation of business cases to improve the experience.
• Development and implementation of ad hoc customer modelling to support business requirements
• Strive to ensure that the potential value identified by newly generated insights is effectively delivered to the bottom line. Identify and explore new data sources and uses, develop and promote novel and industry-leading business applications to both improve the customer experience and enhance commercial returns
• Ensure that the CSAT approach which drives our incentive programme with Ofgem is delivered effectively and efficiently and in line with regulatory requirements
• Graduate level individual with demonstrable numerate or analytical capabilities.
• Strong experience of data mining large databases
• Strong experience of designing and delivering research surveys in a B2B environment
• Excellent sense of business awareness and ability to interpret and make strong and relevant business recommendations from the results of complex analysis
• Thorough understanding of the application of customer information to support strategic and tactical decision-making
• Significant experience of statistical modelling and/or customer analysis, ideally in a marketing or sales or similar commercial environment
• Proven experience of developing models for segmentation and other business applications
• Good consultancy skills and communication of complex material, such that complex and critical strategic recommendations are accepted and acted upon
• Meticulous attention to detail
• Significant experience in managing projects from definition of initial brief to delivery and implementation of recommendations.
• Successful background in Insight with good and relevant technical expertise required
• Significant experience presenting insights and recommendations to a variety of audiences both verbally and written
• A proven track record of providing a mix of strategic and tactical solutions to current business problems.
• Create and promote an environment which strives for continuous improvement and the implementation of best practice.
• Degree (or equivalent), or relevant experience
• Experience of operating in a Customer Insight function within a large B2B business or of similar experience within a CI agency.
Who we are
At National Grid, we don’t just ask our people to deliver to the highest standards. We also support them to be the best they can be. Accredited training programmes and personal development courses are a part of life here. We value and encourage diversity of thought, whatever your background. By creating an inclusive, switched-on workforce, we drive performance and deliver excellence. Which is exactly what we need to achieve our vision of creating sustainable energy solutions, for today and tomorrow.
The closing date for this vacancy may change, therefore, we encourage candidates to submit their applications as early as possible and not to wait until the published closing date. National Grid’s recruitment periods can and may vary. We reserve the right to remove this advert or close it to further applications at any point during the recruitment process.