Business Development Manager-Marine EngineeringBusiness Development Manager Marine Engineering £55,000-£65,000 + company car + benefits package Solihull
At National Grid we’re looking to the future. Our Business Development team are responsible for new strategic projects that will enhance the business and help National Grid adapt to the next generation of energy delivery. We’re responsible for delivering around half of the nation’s energy needs, twenty four hours a day, seven days a week, so we’re continually looking for ways to access sustainable electricity generation, improve the security of electricity supplies and give customers reliable service.
As Business Development Manager for Marine Engineering, you’ll use your experience of the design and installation of cables and pipelines to work on electrical interconnector projects (similar in size and scale to Viking Link) and ensure that engineering perspectives are included in the development of new business ideas.By identifying new technologies, methods and strategies you’ll deliver Marine Engineering systems that are of value and benefit to National Grid. You’ll support new business ideas with Engineering Assurance and provide technical guidance and assurance post EPC sign off to National Grid delivery teams.
- Someone who comes from a Chartered engineering background
- Proven track record as a Marine Engineer
- Experience of laying marine gas pipelines and managing large contracts with significant budgets
- An excellent influencer and communicator who can anticipate customer challenges
- Unrivalled stakeholder expertise
- Familiarity with marine construction techniques and burial assessment
- Knowledge of international standards
- Clear examples of applying engineering practices to solve complex issues and further develop business concepts
- Oil and gas sector experience would be desirable
This important role offers opportunity for growth, and will see you contribute to the future and development of the business. If you can rise to the challenge and responsibility of supporting new ideas, and developing Marine Engineering strategies that will have a beneficial impact for National Grid, then this is the role for you.
The closing date for this vacancy is <day, month, year>. However, we encourage candidates to submit their applications as early as possible and not to wait until the published closing date. National Grid’s recruitment periods can and may vary. We reserve the right to remove this advert or close it to further applications at any point during the recruitment process.