Buyer - Capital DeliveryBuyer - Capital Delivery - Warwick £33,200 - £39,000 DOE
National Grid’s energy network transports gas and electricity to homes and businesses all over the UK. It’s an essential part of all our lives. And it needs to be continuously advanced and enhanced to meet increasing demand whilst embracing new energy solutions. That’s why we’re looking for people with the creativity and originality to drive progress. People like you.
Here in our Procurement department – one of the biggest in the Midlands – you’ll have every opportunity to use your skills to the full. We push for excellence wherever we can, which is why we’ve won so many awards. Everything from the CIPS Awards 2015, to Responsible Business of the Year 2014. You’ll help us go even further – while doing the same yourself.
As a Buyer, you’ll be managing a portfolio worth up to £30m. You’ll be responsible for key daily strategic procurement operations in your area and for helping shape category strategies. You’ll also get to know your stakeholders: what they need and the supply chains they need to tap into. This range of tasks means you could be setting sourcing strategy one day and awarding contracts the next. You must therefore be organised, motivated and ready to become an expert in our systems and processes. Skilled and ready to learn, you’ll thrive on running more complex, £multi-million events and influencing stakeholders and colleagues alike.
- A degree (or equivalent) is an advantage, but not obligatory.
- Solid experience in strategic sourcing and category management is essential.
- You should be adept at managing a portfolio of suppliers; developing contracts and building complex commercial assessment models.
- You should be analytical with the ability to manipulate complex data, have excellent presentation skills and the principals of project management.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work with people across the organisation.
- Articulate with good commercial acumen, you can lead negotiations, work with multi-disciplinary teams and build strong relationships.
- Ideally, you’ll be working towards MCIPS qualification (if you don’t have this already).
At National Grid, we don’t just ask our people to deliver to the highest standards. We also support them to be the best they can be. Accredited training programmes and personal development courses are a part of life here. We value and encourage diversity of thought, whatever your background.
By creating an inclusive, switched-on workforce, we drive performance and deliver excellence. Which is exactly what we need to achieve our vision of creating sustainable energy solutions, for today and tomorrow.
To find out more, click on the apply link.