Starting salary: £27,500 (Degree level) - £28,500 (Masters degree)
The graduate programme is 18 months long which consists of 3 six month placements with the exception of the Finance Graduate programme which is 3 years long (consisting of 3 twelve month placements). Throughout these placements, you undertake various training modules, from hands on technical training to personal development/soft skills training.
Our graduate scheme provides the perfect start to your career. During the scheme you’ll be supported by not only a dedicated New Talent Team, but also managers and colleagues. Once you complete the graduate scheme, you’ll move into a full time role within National Grid and continue your development and career.
What you can do here
Technical & Engineering
Benefits and Rewards
Our graduate scheme is the first step to your career in the Energy and Power industry. During your time with us, you’ll gain vital exposure and insight to how we work at National Grid. We want you to look forward to starting a full time role with us when you finish your training, which is why we offer some great benefits to enjoy along the way:
- 25 days holiday (pro rata)
- Accommodation allowance as you move around the business
- Higher cost of living allowance (Inner London, Metropolitan and Outer Metropolitan areas)
- Pension scheme
- Flexible benefits
- Share option scheme
- Buddy support during your placement
- Accredited by the IMechE, IGEM and IET
- Full study support for CIMA for the Finance roles and CIPS for the Procurement roles
- Volunteering opportunities
To find out more about the additional benefits we offer to all of our people, take a look at our working here section.